Saturday, December 24, 2005

doin' fiiiiiiine on cloud nine

it is the cutest thing to see when my daughter gets finished nursing, and she's in this sort of euphoric place between contentment and sleep. she lies there with her head slowly falling back, eyes half open, with this [dare i say goofy] partial smile on her face. she reminds me of a 'stoner dude'/ surfer type sometimes portrayed on television, like she's fixin' to say "duuude, that was sweet", or whatever the heck they say. my baby boy (8) is good with that lingo...

speaking of which, if there's anything i would like to live as via my children, like something i didn't do with my own life, but wish i could have,(not the more important things like education) it's skateboarding. not just regular skateboarding though, xtreme. it is just the coolest thing what those kats can do on boards, man. then, when you know the history of where it came from... it's just dope. and that whole vibe is me-- my children, too. now, my 13 yo has always wanted to learn how to board, and i can absolutely see him doin' his thing. but my 8 yo would be even hotter because his energy is craaazy how you probably need to be for such a sport. he's always been a climber, loves jumping, flipping, hiking, whatever. i think him on a ramp- jumping, twisting, flying- would be his utopia. maybe i will check into that...

1 comment:

Baji said...

How awesome that you take the time to live life through the eyes of your children. No doubt they benefit from that.