Thursday, February 23, 2006

okay-

why is it that shop-rite cashiers have to be so *#!@@#!!! GHETTO?! they just get on my last nerve!

#1) they are slower than molasses
#2) they are forever talking past you to the next cashier- which makes them move EVEN slower- about any and every ol' thing. can anybody say "discrete"??
and
#3) they have absolutely no problem not only cussin' (yeah, i said cussin') out a customer, but i have seen co-workers straight arguing in front of lines of people- LOUDLY.

where on earth are the supervisors??

i am sorry to say, i have never witnessed this behavior at any of the markets in other communities. in predominantly white, or latino neighborhoods, it's all good. even in white areas where many of the cashiers and customers are black, it's all good. so what's the problem? are our standards that low? why can we not get the same polite mannerisms that we would elsewhere? and don't even get me started on the fact bags don't have to be checked at the door at out of area markets, either-- thievery is every place, not just 'urbania'.

i'm saying, i know many of the cashiers are probably very nice people outside of tending to simple work tasks. certainly i know the pressures of dealing with the public, whether they're funky or nice. but really, somebody needs to round up these folks for an intensive work etiquette workshop because i'm sick of this mess. i mean, what does one have to do to recieve fair treatment around here, boycott?

3 comments:

Judy said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. Send me your e-mail address and I'll give you the info. to setup a sidebar.

Nik said...

I totally understand. There are a couple of stores that I refuse to go to because of the same attitudes. I've also noticed that the stores are messier and dirtier in urbania...you want to support the stores in your area but you want the best service too.

Donna said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and your advice. I love herbal teas and will stop by the local health food store for your recommendations.

I do understand about the cashiers, same problem in Alabama. I hate to say it, but it can be an embarrassment. When the cashiers are more concerned about what the other cashier is saying or doing that you are virtually invisible and customer courtesy is forgotten. It seems as if they don't really care. And I feel guilty for making the trip to the other location.