Friday, February 03, 2006

evolution

i've changed. alot.

at 33 i guess some things were bound to reform, but honestly i would have liked some to stay untouched. folks that i've run into during my journey- namely chicks that be trying to be all up in mine, na'mean- tend to force my cheek to turn though, forcing out another side of me.
now, i'm nice, caring, giving, respectful, always with a smile and good words; i'll truly go out of my way to help another. even with my extended family i am this way, and can't seem to suppress that inevitable streak of shyness that has followed me (thankfully) throughout my life. even my teenage son says i'm nice (when i'm not knockin' him up in his head, 'cause sometimes you have to save them from themselves, by any means necessary-- did i say he's a teenager?), and act more like a big sister sometimes.

with all that said, i will gladly kutt somebody when it comes to my family; nobody is unexpendable. didn't used to know if i had it in me, being an appreciative member of the 'sistahood' and all, but now i know. in the words of the great jill scott on her infamous work
' getting in the way', sometimes it's about principle and you just gotta whup somebody's ass.

my sister would be proud...

___________________________________________

but enough with violence-

i don't know how in the world to do the side bar thing to show links, etc., but i have 2 other blogs.

plantedseedz is one, and is just me touching on my perspective of things i run into during the day (news, people, etc.); seeds that have been planted, get it? it could be called political i guess, as most things are (homelessness, racial identity), but it's not 'radical'. wel, not as yet anyway-lol.

the other is homeschoolvibes and is where i tell of things we encounter throughout our day. much of the time i will be giving advice or projects that i use or have used in my 8 or 9 years of homescooling.

o-kay, that's it. y'all try and have a good day, and let me know if you've been by!



No comments: