Thursday, September 21, 2006

feels like heaven

not really anything in particular to write about, just trying to be good to my blog.

i'm sitting here with my sleeping baby on my lap, lights out, cd 101.9 playing in the background, its 'cool jazz' [as they call it] every so often coaxing me to a nod. it's so quiet; only my big boy and i are awake, and he's in the other room watching csi. you would think that i too would be in bed, but no way. this here is my time. my 2 middle ones are fast asleep, exhausted from another day of trying to break me. they shower me with kisses and claim that i am loved-even massage my achy, worn muscles at the end of the day- but i know they're secretly trying to drive me crazy. i mean, what else could it be?

no one in their right mind could need to be told 52,000 times [no exaggeration] to make up his bed, or to stop hitting his sister-EVERYday-right? and no sane human being could possibly want to lift her voice 600 octaves in the most nerve distorting screech ever NOT known to man, simply because her brother threw her pillow, or called her a boy. (and i won't even mention the teen--ooh, i tremble at even the thought of him. thank goodness dh takes him along to work sometimes, or i dunno...)

anyhow, this is my time and i intend to enjoy it for all that it's worth. after all, which blessing of my Lord shall i deny?

2 comments:

Farnnay said...

Salams.
U have a beautiful name. Mumtahanah?
My sisters name is Muthmainnah.
Nice blog too.
Wsalam

wayfarer said...

Nice blog. :-) I know what you mean. I don't have three but just sitting with the one i do have in the middle of the night is probably the most joyful moments of my life. Everything seems to have stopped and it seems like a little stolen moment. Ramadan Mubarak.